Energy Consulting and Engineering Support Services
Datafaire, LLC, is an energy efficiency consulting firm, helping mid-size commercial businesses cut costs, save energy and improve the bottom line through affordable and actionable strategies. While many larger organizations have the resources and dedicated staff to implement an energy and sustainability master plan, DataFaire provides these services affordably, and on demand to help identify and evaluate efficiency upgrades and capital improvements. Many of our energy efficiency and rate procurement services are at no cost and help businesses plan and achieve their energy goals. With our multi-pronged strategy we can:
- Develop cost-effective, long-term energy savings strategies, for new construction and existing buildings – Our broad experience with commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-family residential projects can help you decide on any number of approaches in pursuing energy efficiency. You can These could include a general audit (walk-through) or a thorough energy audit. Or, based on a technical review of your business and typical energy use, you can choose an approach that simply incorporates industry-specific best practices and potential savings,that relate directly to your business. We can then work with you to define a clear path to implementation, whether in-house or turn-key. Our main focus is to develop persistent savings through time, and to ensure high returns on investment.
By identifying viable energy savings measures, Datafaire helps customers prioritize measures through first implementing no-cost, and low-cost measures, and progressing to “low-hanging fruit” with the greatest payback, before embarking on capital improvements.
We also provide access to a highly-qualified and reputable network of contractors, engineering firms, design/build teams, financing partners and energy performance contractors, for turn-key or self-implemented solutions.
- Assistance with filing for rebate and incentive programs and writing proposals - DataFaire is highly experienced with researching and securing available state, federal and utility grants, rebates, incentives, and tax credits. This includes determining eligibility, and identifying or compiling necessary information to help with or complete the application process for you. Since 2013, DataFaire has successfully obtained $6.5 million in NYSERDA incentives to offset the costs of commercial projects in NYS. These projects have resulted in over $8 million in gas and electricity savings for customers in NYS.
- Provide affordable access to cutting-edge technologies and innovative energy savings products – Our technology-based approach to identifying the right products/equipment for the right applications provides you direct access to proven commercial products for building envelope, LED lighting and controls, HVAC, building automation, or plug load management. Our relationships with high-tech companies, manufacturers and distributors can ensure the best prices for material (and labor, if an installer is required). We can also leverage your interest in younger, commercial products with the financial and marketing rewards of early adoption, and demonstration. Participating in these “partnerships” provides a low-risk means to ensure the product’s viability, while resulting in a successful case study for use by all parties.
- Preparation of requests for proposals/quotes (RFP/RFQ) documents and orchestrating financing - Our team is qualified to initiate, manage and complete a full RFP/RFQ process for our customers to help identify and secure the most qualified and cost-effective team that can carry out any project.
- Technical documentation that is Section 508 Compliant. This includes creation of user manuals and training guides, as well as compilation of facility O&M procedures or technical/procedural protocols for staff.
- Assistance in Demand Response Program participation - Datafaire provides services toward identifying and procuring the appropriate Demand Response programs and qualified providers. Common measures include: load shedding controls, automation equipment and new generation equipment.
- Energy efficiency outreach and market transformation - Datafaire's aggressive and systematic strategies effectively promote innovative public or private sector programs, technologies and products.